Belvoir Art Trail is run by a group of artists who have got together to make something happen. It aims to provide an opportunity to highlight the rich and diverse range of art, craft and artisan work that is produced by artists, makers, designers and more, based or working in the the Vale of Belvoir and surrounding areas.
You do not have to be a professional artist to be involved just making work that is unique and original. Here’s what to expect if you do get involved
- We are completely voluntary run. As such we will support exhibition artists and venues as much as we can but the responsibility for making it happen properly will remain with you (this includes insurance as necessary).
- We can offer help and advice, will try to match artists with space, coordinate some exhibitions and help make sure you are not alone in taking part.
- We will promote your inclusion as part of the Trail marketing and PR often and widely. This includes posters, programmes, leaflets and several press releases plus a dedicated website and facebook page.
- We do not expect you to put your work up for sale but encourage you to do so if you wish. We are happy to talk about pricing and have a range of experience if you wish to get feedback and support on this but we do not take a commission (individual venues might so check before you commit).
- We expect you to deliver / hang / display / take down and remove your own work and be available for the exhibition period. For certain spaces a rota can be put in place.
- We will also ask you to promote the event by displaying posters in your local area and sharing the event with your contacts and via your social media.
- We will invite you to a ‘preview’ evening event (date TBC) to meet all the other artists and guests
- A commitment fee of £5 will be requested for each exhibition. This will be used towards the cost of printing the posters and programmes and if there is any left over for refreshments at the preview get together.
We aim this to be a fun event, aimed at celebrating the wonderful creativity of the area so please do consider taking part.
We hope that BAT 2022 will take place in May next year. A call for interest will go out in January.